I had a problem when renaming an application (bbPress, but I assume this is application-independent) with accented characters.
* I had an application named 'old_name'
* I tries to rename it to 'néw_name'
* I got an error "invalid URL"
* but the folder of the application has been renamed to 'néw_name'
* From now, the application does not appear in the menu or the slotter
* If I try to re-create the same application with 'old_name', I get an error "application is already installed"
* If I try to rename the folder to 'old_name', then the slotter of the LD menu-bar have errors, complaining about not finding 'néw_name'
NB: this is not a critical issue for me; I was using a test instance of LD that I can wipe out; but I think this bug deserves fixing at some point :)